Get Involved with our Exciting Community Enterprise and Learn New Skills that will Help you with your Own Business Ideas!!
The Women’s Trading Collective is an innovative women-led community enterprise project created by The Millin Charity to help women to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to make progress on their journeys to financial independence.
We have opportunities for women to get involved in sessions and tasks geared around different elements of running a business and to gain the transferable skills that will help them with their own businesses.
‘Find Out More!’ Session
We will be holding a session for women to come along and find out more about our community enterprise and how to get involved on Friday 13th July 11.00am-1.00pm at our Enterprise Hub at The Beacon, Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 9PQ. This will be an opportunity to sign up to workshops, meet one of our designers and find out more about Women’s Trading Collective Products!
Meet the Designer
We are currently working with local designer Corinne Lewis-Ward who runs her own creative business producing landmark themed gifts. She will be sharing her own experience about designing products for high street retail and what needs to be considered when running this type of business. Corinne will also bring some sample produts to showcase and answering any questions you might have about starting a business.
What Opportunities are Available?
There will be opportunities to get involved in the following;
- Work with local designers to come up with designs for brand new products for the Collective to sell.
- Shadow a photographer to learn how to best capture professional product shots
- Work with the marketing & social media provider to promote and publicise the Collective and products for sale
- Come along to Sales events and help to sell products
- Help get products ready to sell (preparing labels and packaging)
- Be part of the process of creating of a brand-new website for the business
You can join the workshops that are focused on the areas that you want to learn about the most! Opportunities within other areas will arise as the business develops.
Get in touch
Get in touch to register your interest and to book a place at the ‘Find Out More’ session. We will then notify members when workshops and sessions are announced.
This project is supported by a grant from the Virgin Money Foundation.