- This event has passed.
THE MILLIN CHARITY ENTERPRISE OPENING DAY
22 January @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
We will be holding an open day to invite women to come along to find out about and join our fantastic range of training courses and workshops, including our new A Chance To Trade Project.
During this session, you will have the opportunity to meet other women who have taken part in programmes, see some of the products produced by the project, meet some of our tutors and find out how you can benefit from our services.
Our upcoming programmes include;
A CHANCE TO TRADE
This project supports women to fast-track their enterprise idea from a product or service they make at home to one they sell to the public. Through this project, women can take part in many opportunities including the following;
- Selling Your Service Business Course
- Going to Market Course
- ‘Pricing for Profit’ Workshop
- ‘Storytelling through Social Media’ Workshop
- ‘Using Social Media to Promote your Business’ Workshop
- Business Advice Sessions
- Trading Opportunities
WOMEN FIRST PARTNERSHIP
This project supports women to increase their skills and confidence and get involved with new opportunities. As part of this project, we will be running the following courses;
- Sewing for Beginners Course (in partnership with Newcastle City Learning)
- Flower Arranging Course (in partnership with Newcastle City Learning)
Further information about the above will be available at our Enterprise Opening Day and our workers will be available to help you to find out services are the right ones for you. Eligibility Criteria May Apply.
Our projects have been supported by grants from the European Regional Development Fund, European Social Fund, the Natwest Skills & Opportunity Fund and the Big Lottery Fund.
Get in touch today to find out more or to book your place OR come along to the Enterprise Opening Day on Wednesday 22nd January 11am-1pm.
Some useful information …
- This course is free to members of The Millin Charity’s Enterprise Projects. Please get in touch to find out how you can join.
- Eligibility criteria may apply – enquire within
- We don’t run workshops or courses during school holidays, so please take this into account when planning your attendance.
- We are often able to provide creche places for pre-school children. Pre-booking is essential, so get in touch if you’d like to find out more.